Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Inspired to create..

I actually named my blog Home Grown Jones because I wanted to start growing things.  (I started growing my family 17 years ago when I married my high school sweetheart and then about 12 years ago our two little boys - does that count?)

The long holiday weekend gave me an opportunity to create some of the foods and crafts that have inspired me.

It all started a few weeks ago when I read a post on how to make planters from old paint cans.  Well, to get the paint cans I needed to finish painting the boys room.  I finally did!  (That was fun - however the room is not complete, but the paint is.  I have some pictures to share, but want to wait until it is complete.)  That led to other decorating projects, which led to more blog research which led to July 4th which led to the time to allow me to make some great foods and get me off my duff and start making something...

I hope to share all the little projects I have made, but for today I just want to give credit to the awesome women who have inspired me.  I just need to thank them because I love to create and make things, but just have not been inspired and the past few months years.  I have finally gotten that inspiration back and I feel like the woman God created me to be is back!

Here are a few of the things I have done:

Summer Bingo Cards
The boys started this after we returned from our vacation and they have enjoyed it.  Check out their Facebook page also.
Finally made that trip to the library
Checked out "How to get your child to love reading" by Esme Raji Codell
Red White and Blue Strawberries
I am not a fan of white chocolate, but these were amazing!
Red White and Blue Parfaits
I just used fat free vanilla yogurt with the fresh and frozen berries and they were yummy!
Made a do not disturb sign when my baby is sleeping
I don't have a cute handle yet, but love the sign and got to reuse a frame that was bound for a garage sale.

Finally, I can't forget to mention the great 4th of July parade.  The first 4th that I remember it raining.  It was pleasantly nice and cool.  No grilling, but still had a great day!

We had a great weekend of family time and celebrating our nation's history and being thankful for our freedom.  Hope you all enjoyed your 4th and had some time to rest or play or both!

I will be attempting to link to all of these sites to give credit where credit is due - I'm new at this so I'll keep my fingers crossed.  I'm having technical difficulties with pictures, but will try to get some uploaded soon.

Peace!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout-out!! I am so glad you enjoyed the red, white, and blue strawberries!! Have a great day!

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great 4th of July! Glad my parfaits inspired you to bring a treat to share with your SS class. Have a fabulous rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats's quite a list, but I'm sure you can accomplish it ! Thanks so much for the linky love.

    hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive