Sunday, April 10, 2011

Asian Slaw Recipe that I modified

I could not find a recipe to match how I made this, so thought I'd share the recipe.  It was really good and "Super Easy".

I found this in the 2000 Fall/Winter Season's Best Recipe Collection from Pampered Chef, but when I read that you had to "cook"  the noodles - I had to change it to fit the "super easy" category.


1 pkg chicken flavor ramen noodles
1 pkg cabbage slaw mix (16 oz)
2 firm red apples ( we like Pink Lady apples) - diced with skin on
4 green onions with tops thinly sliced
match stick carrots about 1/2 of a small pkg
1/2 c slivered almonds toasted in olive oil til golden
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1.5 Tbsp water
1/2 Tbsp canola oil
1/4 or little less of sugar
1 garlic clove pressed

Break up the ramen noodles and remove the seasoning mix.  In a large bowl add the slaw, apples, onions, carrots and almonds.  In small mixing bowl mix the seasoning mix from the noodles with the vinegar, water, oil, sugar and garlic.  Mix very well.  Add the noodles in the salad then top with the dressing.  Serve alone or with baked chicken.

Enjoy!

Here's what I did:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive