Sunday, April 10, 2011

Trying new things...

This week I tried all new recipes!  I have been in a rut regarding my menu plans and have frankly not cooked each day and have been eating out way more than we need to do.  I read a really interesting material on wellness regarding weight.  It is called "Shape Up and Drop 10" from Shape Up America.  It really got me thinking on the types of foods I am feeding my family and so I did something about it.  Two nights this week we had salad as our main course and for each night we had fresh vegetables.  I was not sure how well my family would receive these options, but surprisingly, they really liked them.  One of the favorites and easiest I made was and Chopped Salad Italiano (pictured below).  This one will definitely be a keeper!

Hope you can use the menu plans and hope it helps your family.  Happy cooking!





Really dug into the Kraft Food and Family magazines this week.  We all really enjoyed the different meals and felt much more energized with the added veggies.  The only thing that I would change this week was the bow tie skillet...not a fave.  I think it would be really good with a rocking pasta sauce but I didn't have one this week.  I'd love to find a good homemade pasta sauce that has a sweet basil and garlic flavor. If you have one, please share.

Well...I gotta scoot.  'Night, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. that chopped salad looks awesome. can you seal it up and bring me some???

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive