Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The power of prayer

This week God has blessed our family so much.  I have never seen God move so quickly in such a mighty way.  My uncle was very ill and several times we thought he may take his last breath, literally.  He was on 100% oxygen and nearly died several times when the oxygen was removed.  After suffering for several years thinking his illness was hopeless, God moved him to the metroplex to be closer to family to help in his care, but ultimately it was to save his life.

During his last episode, he was hospitalized and in ICU with no hope of leaving the hospital.  That is unless he had a miracle.  Well, that miracle was a transplant.  I truly believe it was a miracle.  His treatment where he was going never mentioned this as a possibility and when the doctors here suggested it - it was as if God spoke to them and used their minds, hands, and hearts to reach him. 

Within days almost...it may have been a couple of weeks...he recieved two new lungs.  He is now recovering faster than our family had ever dreamed and seems to be a new man.

We are saddened with the loss of life that happened to save him, but I believe that God used this life to save another.  It gives me hope that others can love to share something so precious.  I know in my heart that the life that was given had a heart of love or their may have been two lives lost that week. 

God is using my uncle's story to reach others and to glorify his name.  I pray that others will be touched by his life and that others will be blessed to hear the story of our Faithful, Father, God who loves us so much.  I know there are so many stories where people pray for healing and the prayers seem unanswered, but this week God answered.  Maybe the prayers of the donor seemed to be unanswered - I am torn - but I know that God has a plan to work all things for good for those who love Him and who are called to His purpose.  I hope to one day rejoice with the family of the donor for their great love of life to share something so precious. I pray they have peace in their hearts and know that God is good and God is faithful.

I pray for any who read this, that they will know the power in the prayers comes from whom the Lord, where He gives all good things.  I rejoice for the doctors who He used and am thankful for their wisdom to see his life was worth the risk.

Peace to you all.  Amen

1 comment:

Blog Archive