Sunday, April 10, 2011

Small Bathroom Project...Mirror


We are just about finished with our Small Bathroom Project.  Made a big milestone today! We framed our mirror...so excited.  I almost did it all by myself, but my sweet hubby came to the rescue.  I think he secretly likes helping me.  Either that or he is afraid I'll break something.  Well, it will probably never end up in BHG or Southern Living, but it sure it a step above what we had before and the boys really like it also.

Here is a before (after we painted but before the frame).


We added some hangers to the bead and batten which added to the functionality.


I found a cute little pail to use for a waste basket. 
This baby was only $2.50 at Target, versus the $20 "trash cans". 



We chose to work around the plastic hangers:


We just "carved" out the spot in the back of the wood (MDF):
This does not look pretty, but it does not show at all.  I am not sure how easy this would be to do with real wood, but I would think it would be pretty simple.  You would just need to be patient.


Well, here it goes one more "Before":


Now meet the "After":


This (above) gives the closest example of the color.  It really is very pretty! Also, we have not pained the outsides of the doors yet, so you can really see what a contract the trim was before we went with the pure white.



Still need the perfect towel and it really bugs me that I didn't notice the towel holder flipped up. 
Oh, well, you get the idea. =)



Hope you like it and I hope this encourages you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new.  We are sure happy with the results.  I just want to thank House of Smiths and the Idea Room for their inspiration and tutorials.  I followed their steps except that we pieced ours as we went.  Thanks, y'all.

PS...I guess I don't know how to frame my pictures (he he).  I thought they were okay until I added them here.  I'm okay with that...I hope you don't mind.

Linking here:

beforeAndAfterButton







1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Love your new header on the blog as well. Wisteria - - - my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive